On July 4 and 5, 2023, the Design Thinking workshop took place in Matosinhos, Porto, as part of the Remobilise project. MOBINOV as a partner of the consortium hosted the other partners in these two days workshop, where MindShake led this immersive Design Thinking!
The main objectives of this workshop were:
- Familiarization with the DT method applied in a service/business innovation process;
- Practice the collaborative and intercultural creation process, applying the Design Thinking (DT) tool;
- Shift the focus from process-oriented to people-oriented models;
- Improve understanding of the steps of a systematic creative process;
- Create 2 innovative concepts for new services.
On the first day, the partners experienced an introduction to the concept of DT in relation to the evolution of the concept, the principles and the applicability of DT to some examples. They then learned about visual models that explain the DT process. At the end of the day, they started to make the mind map of opportunities (exploring a thematic topic), then trying to clarify priorities by breaking down the problem.
Finally, there was also the possibility to turn challenges into open questions.
On the second day, partners started writing down ideas to come up with the final ideas – the Ideas Cluster. Last but not least, they prototyped, tested and delivered the new service.